Unlike the title of this blog, I might never (most likely to happen :D) appear within the frames of these pictures....you can only hope :P

All about the songs I love and prolly have on repeat on my ipod (cos I just cant get enough of them). I'll be posting both song and lyrics and maybe tell you what I love about each song (or not). Feel free to share your thoughts............ENJOY!!

Some of the places I've visited and would love to visit before I depart this temporary abode.

Just a little yum to share with you guys.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

No homo true true

I never thought I was homophobic until very recently. In recent years, having gay couples on TV shows has become as common as having a cheating husband or wife on TV, so how couldn’t I have known? I’ve seen two guys kiss on TV and supposedly make out, I’ve seen them also on the streets and clubs of Lagos (the first time I ever saw a real life gay person), of course they are here in Chicago, I’ve even jokingly attributed a couple of guys to the kind just from the way they dress and their peculiar behavior. I’ve had some guy friends tell me how homophobic they are about this group of people (always screaming ‘No Homo’) and I’ve laughed at them and teased them that maybe it is because they have tendencies….imagine….All I’ve ever felt in these situations has been amusement at the absurdity (not that I didn’t believe they existed o, just that I found it all amusing) until a few days ago.

So, these two cute oyibo guys were jejely walking in front of me as I was jejely walking on my own o, with plugged ears listening to my music and thinking my thoughts o..at the same time praying to Jehovah to make my waka that day fruitful in the long run, when I notice these guys had stopped in front of the red light. Na im as I de waka de reach them, they admire their fine sexy build and imagining some kain kain things like that ;-) …the next thing I see be these boys hugging each other and swapping spit (eeeeewwww)…to say I was shocked is going to be the understatement of the century…shock, amazement, disgust, anger plus other things were the emotions that ran through me all at the same time. Na im I just carry my handbag begin knack these boys for head o, with them screaming “whats up with this crazy b***h?”. Your ancestor ‘crazy b***h’ I shouted back while still pummeling them until people came and pulled me away. What arrant nonsense?

Of course this drama all happened in my mind o.. Me, I just pretended like say I no see anything they press my phone de go as both of them started moving when the light turned white and I had just about approached them at the stop. Beat them ke? make them deport me sharp sharp with the next available boat?..wetin be my own for the matter……..*Hissing angrily*.....but what rubbish sef ehn? Two boys kissing in front of me, by the main road, in broad day light, where people de waka up and down the street?...tufíâkwá ... Chukwu gbódu àjór ífė {God forbid bad thing}. Even as I got on the train, I noticed another guy sitting and moving to the music he was listening to (his moves like that of a girl) while sipping his starbucks coffee like a girl. This boy was pretty, with perfectly lined eyebrows (mine was as bushy as the hair on a goat…so yes, I was jealous), pouty lips and painted nails. If not for the eyeshade (with my paco person accent) that I wore ehn, the fire from my eyes for just burn the boy to ashes like sun burns all them vampires. What is going on today I thought to myself. Did I unknowingly enter gayville or something? Which kain nonsense I just de see for road today sef ehn…

As I was writing this post, I decided to go all spiritual on this matter and googled for biblical information to back my stand. In the course of my research, I stumbled upon two sites that had something to say about homosexuality (infact, they were the only two sites I opened and how amazed I was at the information they had). Site one (click to read) was created for homosexual Christians, distorting (in my opinion) biblical passages to support the lifestyle of the gay. It was amazing how the writer left out the truth and distorted some of his referenced passages which he says were passages that have been used to condemn homosexuals. I cant even begin to analyze this write-up and how ignorant most people would be if they took what this man had said literally without even doing their own research. Me, I’m a very curious person, so for every passage this guy quoted, I started two or more verses ahead of his beginning verse and did the same for the end. This was just to get a grasp as to what led to the whole gist and then try to figure out how true his analysis were…and my discoveries where just on point.. for example, he talked about how people have misunderstood the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah and Gods punishment of the land and quoted Ezekiel 16:48-49 as the reason why God punished Sodom, meanwhile if you read from verse 46-50, you’ll discover that part of the reason God punished Sodom was because of the abomination they committed before him. The abomination which was well emphasized in Genesis 19…the only sin that was made clear in this passage amongst the multitude of sins committed by Sodom and Gomorrah. As I read this mans post, I felt so sad as to how people could be ignorant to the truth and distort Gods words to suit whatever purpose they had. Even the devil could quote the bible to suit his agenda.

Bottom line is, homosexuality is a sin (click Site two to read the post that supports this) and we should be very careful the things we listen to and try to make our own judgments by doing more research. #nuffsaid.

The things I don learn just from writing this post no be small thing o..
1. Like I said above, don’t act out of ignorance by taking peoples word for it all the time. Dig in for more information when necessary and if you can, build your own opinion, make your own judgments.
2. Back in the days, the punishment for sexual immorality was very harsh o (read Deuteronomy 22:13 till you tire).. it was no joke in those days.
3. The world is so blinded with technology, science and supposed change that we make excuses for going against Gods laws and distorting His teachings while making ridicule of Jesus sacrifice. I am also a culprit but I ask God everyday to guide me to be a better person, to be the child he wants me to be and would be proud of. We are human yes, but the earlier we realize that Jesus Christ was also human but died without sin except the one he bore for us, the earlier we would start making changes and strive to live the way he did.

I didn’t start out this post to get all spiri coco but I’m glad it got to this point and I believe God used this to teach me something today. Like some chic I came across would say in her blog post and like most Nigerian movies end, I say….
To God be the Glory…..


ehen, and by the way, all those boys that have decided to do bad bad things to themselves are just plain weist of man flesh...{hissing like and angry yoruba woman}
...NONSENSE.....

6 comments:

  1. lol. true that tho. there is this one @ sleek studio. he is one reason y i don't go there again. I feel like throwing up anytime I see him. It is just so sad the way people distort the Bible to suit their purpose. Like u said when you see a Bible passage, back up a couple of verses and also read a couple of verses after. God help us. The end is nearer than we think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, I'm telling you. When I read this gay guys article, I was beginning to feel sympathetic o, then something within me said, hey..this cant be right, back up a few verses. when I did ehn, I just felt like squeezing the man's neck. God help us all true true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, you are all so harsh in your heart. How can you say such things about your fellow human? I don't know much about the Bible, but I know how to be a good person. I care for the people around me and accept them for who they are, as long as they don't hurt other people unnecessary. What are you so afraid of, that you hate (cause I can't find another word for your behavior) other people while they are simply exchanging LOVE? You know where the devil resides? In your HATE. I think the best example would be to look at innocent children. They in general don't kill each other, as we adults obviously sometimes do. They are not as sinful and evil as adults can be. Young children do NOT judge gay people like you do. I think your behavior is truely disgusting, the way you feel superior towards gay people. Jesus would be ashamed, he told us to love each other and treat others the way we want to be treated. For the record: I'm not gay myself. Good luck in finding the true way of the Light & Love. Greetings from The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray that you lose the hate in your heart and find the love of Jesus, who did not care about enforcing purity, who showed compassion to the adulteress and prostitute instead of judgement. I pray that you discover that the Bible can be an amazing book that helps you inspect your heart and brings you closer to God, but is not meant to give you an excuse to insult or be disgusted by other people. I pray that for you, and for all people, love triumphs over hate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oyibo Evil agenda... to be gay, for man to have intercourse with another man is now ok, but the same oyibo say, one man cant marry too wife in the law?...yet but both side by side , all the reason they use to justify same sex marriage, can easyly be translated to justify polygamy e.g its by three or four consenting adults abi? yet they refuse the polygamist this right.. I am not a polygamist and my faith unlike islam don't allow it..however I just wanted to make a point to show you that this gay right this is nothing but a pure evil agenda..now they have attacked even young kids with this lie saying scots now allow gay kids and gay scout leaders ..abeg remove your pikin from american boys scot oh....let them go camping in church

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...